Friday, April 15, 2011

FARM REPORT

Having girl friends is the best. Your girl friends can tell you off over a bottle of Gnarly Head California Cab and you will hug them for it. Your girl friend can tell you what you should do with a man who is giving you the blues and you will totally listen....you may not comply, but you will listen. Its a girl thing. Have a table full of food laced with hot spicy green chilies stay up til 3 in the morning crying on each others shoulders. Its a good thing. Its a girl thing. My life would not be the same without my girl friends. Trust me when I say I LOVE the presence of the man in my life. Love the feel of his arms around me and his lips all over my body...however, there is something about the company of my girls that is like a warm loaf of bread. Ladies...never underestimate the power of having your girls. Never underestimate the power of a good time exchanging ideas and feelings with like minded females. Embrace each other, give each other the strength and the wisdom of your combined experiences. Teach your daughters to do the same.

2 comments:

Suzy Gerstein Makeup said...

Amen to that! I love the warm loaf of bread analogy. Couldn't have said it better. Greta Chapin McGill is a BRILLIANT mind- I am not surprised that this post speaks to me having long been a fan of her writings. Her latest work, What Passes for Love, a fascinating look at modern love and betrayal- blew me away. I look forward to reading more from her!

Anonymous said...

yes girl!!! It's the truth. Connections with girl friends feed the soul. Never more so than when food, sunsets, wine and blogging are involved. THANK YOU for your hospitality, your friendship and sharing your journey with me, I'm honored... XOXOXOX